Steam Boilers are legally required to have NDT (Non Destructive Testing) at 5-yearly intervals or as specified by your insurance company.
Typically the following steps are performed during an NDT survey inspection:
- Open up boiler fire side.
- Remove any cladding to expose welds to be tested.
- Clean welds ready for inspection Insurance company designated inspector carries out NDT.
- Repair any defects in NDT report at customers instruction and cost.
- Refractory repairs undertaken.
- Rebuild boiler.
- Raise boiler to pressure and test all operations.
If the NDT report highlights any areas requiring attention, do not worry. LD Boilers will endeavour to keep your downtime to an absolute minimum. We can ease this process by:
- Quoting for the remedial work.
- If instructed, proceeding with the repairs.
- If required, supplying a hire boiler in the intervening period until the steam boiler is back online again.