LD Boilers ensure that every boiler dispatched to the customer is reconditioned to the highest standards to assure complete customer satisfaction.
Upon a boiler sale being made, the following reconditioning procedure is performed:
- Hydraulic boiler test.
- Cold boiler survey and NDT (These independent inspections can be arranged by LD Boilers on behalf of customers or the customer can choose to use another agency).
- The boiler is then stripped. Any recommended remedial work made by either inspector will then be carried out at this stage.
- Only when both inspectors are completely satisfied, will the boiler be finally offered to the customer.
- The boiler will then be rebuilt replacing all: manhole and mud door joints; front and back boiler door joints; gauge glasses; gauge glass packing sleeves; ballcocks and valves (replaced or refurbished as required).
- If necessary new burners, boiler control panels, self-monitoring level controls, total dissolved solids and automatic blow-down can be fitted at an agreed extra cost.
- The boiler will then be re-clad where necessary and painted, ready for dispatch.